DENSE BREAST TISSUEWHAT IS IT AND WHY SHOULD I BE AWARE?
Dense breast tissue e composed of less fat and more connective tissue. Because healthy connective tease and cancer both appear white on a mammogram, tumors can be hidden behind the dense tissue.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE DENSE BREAST TISSUE?
A radiologist determines the density of a woman's breasts by examining a mammogram. Request a copy of you mammography repot from your referring doctor. Make sure it is the report that is generated from the radiologist and not a form letter. Read the report carefully. Look for any descriptions of your breast tissue density
3D WHOLE BREAST ULTRASOUNDThis imaging technology utilizes ultrasound to scan the entire breast while the patient lays in a comfortable prone position providing complete privacy. There is no breast compression or radiation associated with this procedure. The scan produces 3D volumetric images of the breast for review by the radiologist.
The most advanced technique in breast careening 3D WHOLE BREAST ULTRASOUND
- mammography will miss every other cancer in dense breast patients
- 30 second scan time per breast
- No compression or radiation
- Clinical Studies have shown breast ultrasound significantly increases detection of cancer
- Patient lays in a comfortable prone position & remains covered during the entire exam
- Free of technical error